Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A good side for grilled meats. Per serving: 178 calories, 7 g fat, 26 g carb, 0 mg cholesterol
Top Review by Dans La Lune
This recipe has beautiful fresh ingredients and is incredibly unique. It was a labor of love though since I don't have an electric juicer and had to squeeze many oranges to get the juice that's called for! The end result was worth it though, as my guests raved about it and went back for seconds and thirds. I personally was a tiny bit offset by the cumin, even though I love cumin, it seemed a bit overpowering and out of place with so many fruit flavors. Next time I will reduce the cumin and increase the fresh fruit and herbs. Oh, and I accidentally forgot to add the toasted pine nuts... but next time will really enjoy that extra dimension and crunch! Thanks for a lovely recipe!
- 2 1⁄4 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 orange, peeled, and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Add orange juice and cumin to a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add in couscous; cover.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous; transfer to a large bowl; let cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, soy sauce, and lime juice; stir into couscous.
- Add in the cilantro, basil, chives, ginger, mango, and orange; toss to combine.
- Sprinkle w/ nuts.