Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Gifts for Giving.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 2⁄3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2⁄3 chopped dates
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Layer the first 5 ingredients in a 1 quart wide-mouth jar in the order listed.
- Pack tightly between each layer.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; add to the jar.
- Seal with lid and attach baking instructions.
- Instructions: Empyt the contents of the cookie mix into a large mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup butter, one slightly beaten egg, and one teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix until completely blended.
- Roll dough into walnut-size balls; place on greased cookie sheets.
- Press each cookie down slightly using the heelt of your hand.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 11-13 minutes; cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.