Recipe by carolinafan
Great addition to your cookie tray. If you can't find tropical medley fruit you may substitute 1 cup of minced dried fruits such as mango, pineapple, golden or dark raisins and papaya.
- 1 cup crushed coconut cookie (about 8 cookies)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) bag dried tropical fruit, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sweetened coconut, divided
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cookie crumbs, salt and fruit in large bowl; stir well. Add 1 cup pecans, cinnamon and 1/2 cup coconut; mix well.
- Stir in corn syrup, honey and rum extract. Knead by hand until the mixture comes together. Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup pecans and remaining 1 cup coconut on baking sheet. Roll balls in mixture to coat.