Prep 8 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an easy cake that's big on taste, I make this when I am short on time and need a cake thats very simple to make, this cake is exceptionally moist and will keep for days but don't worry it won't last that long ;-)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-in square baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and oil.
- Add in the eggs, and beat well.
- Beat in the sour cream.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; add to sour cream mixture.
- Stir in the pineapple.
- Spoon the batter into prepared baking dish.
- Combine all topping ingredients; sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 mins, or until cake tests done.
This is very good with a nice flavor combination. I added sliced almonds to the topping for added crunch. Later this week I am going to use the leftover cake to make a tropical trifle for dessert, layering with coconut pudding and rum.
WOW!! This is Fabtastic! I only have 8" pans so I baked this in a cake pan. To go with a full tropical taste I added some chopped macadamias. Great recipe.