Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Has pineapple yogurt, and coconut topping ; simple recipe. that is very good has a crunchy topping
Make and share this Tropical Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 ounces pineapple yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, pineapple yogurt, (it said 8 ozs yogurt but now its 6 ozs and it worked fine) oil, eggs; stir for 80 strokes.( i used mixer i got for christmas lol).
- Pour into a greased 9 inch square pan.
- For the topping, combine coconut, sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven. ( i had to bake 5 minutes more so check).
My favorite part of this coffee cake was the lovely topping made of coconut, brown sugar and cinnamon. It was well enjoyed by my family! Though I made it in the evening, I so badly wanted to have coffee with it. I saved a piece for tomorrow morning so I can savor it then with my coffee. When I make this again, I will add pieces of butter to the topping to make it more of a streusel type topping. Adding butter makes everything more scrumptious. Made it for "Went to the Market" tag game. Thank you Dienia B for another addition to my "keeper" files.