Recipe by Cookingupastorm
Absolutely positively scrummy cake. Make sure you make it the night before required so the flavours have time to "set".
Top Review by Queen of Harts
Simple to make and easy to eat! I had to substitute 1/4 cup half and half plus 1 teaspoon coconut extract for the coconut cream since I couldn't find any in my grocery store.
- 1 (600 g) vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 (59 g) eggs
- 1 (270 ml) can coconut cream
- 1 (395 g) can condensed milk
- 1 (450 g) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (300 ml) can Cool Whip (Dairy Whip in Australia)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Bake cake according to directions.
- Mix coconut cream & condensed milk together.
- When cake is cooked, punch holes in cake with skewer or chop stick.
- Slowly pour coconut cream mixture over still warm cake and into holes all over cake.
- Pour undrained pineapple over the cake. Refrigerate until cold.
- Mix Dairy Whip and shredded coconut together and spread over cake.
- Refrigerate overnight, keep cold until ready to serve.
- You can substitute any yellow cake mix for the vanilla cake mix.