Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My daughter's 5th grade cooking class found this on the Internet and made it as a project. All the parents inhaled this cake!
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Bake the cake as directed.
- Mix the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together.
- As soon as cake is done, punch a lot of holes in cake.
- Slowly pour the cream of coconut mixture into holes and all over cake.
- Pour pineapple, juice and all, over cake.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Mix whipped topping and shredded coconut together and spread over the cake.
- Keep refrigerated.
- It must be cold to taste good.
- Make this the day before you want to eat it.
I made this yesterday to have for Easter dinner at my sisters house. I followed the recipe exactly...the taste was wonderful. The only thing that we did not care for was that the cake ended up tasting "mushy". We served it right out of the fridge.