1/5 Photos of Tropical Coconut Bread
1 hr 20 mins
Having a Luau party? Then this is a must but, you'll want to make this throughout the year. The smell alone will get your significant other to release their grip on the remote, the kids will drift out of their bedrooms and the neighbors might come knocking. I dare to say, this might even be an aphrodisiac! It's great alone but if you're adventurous, slice some strawberries on it or drizzle chocolate syrup over it and top it with some whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour two 9 1/2" x 5 1/2" loaf pans.
- 3Do not use a mixer with this recipe.
- 4Use a spoon or spatula and stir by hand.
- 5In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- 6In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, beaten eggs, and coconut extract; mix well.
- 7Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to sugar mixture and stir only until moist.
- 8Stir in shredded coconut.
- 9Pour batter into the two prepared loaf pans, place on middle rack and bake for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Coconut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.3
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 94.2 mg
- Sodium 533.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 52.3 g
- Protein 9.7 g