Recipe by QTPetootie
Having a Luau party? Then this is a must but, you'll want to make this throughout the year. The smell alone will get your significant other to release their grip on the remote, the kids will drift out of their bedrooms and the neighbors might come knocking. I dare to say, this might even be an aphrodisiac! It's great alone but if you're adventurous, slice some strawberries on it or drizzle chocolate syrup over it and top it with some whipped cream.
Top Review by Milissa-t
This is really really good! It makes 2 loaves and by the time we were done (my husband, 3kids, and I) there was only 1/2 loaf left. A definite keeper and a nice change from the old classic banana bread. Thank you for a great recipe!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9 1/2" x 5 1/2" loaf pans.
- Do not use a mixer with this recipe.
- Use a spoon or spatula and stir by hand.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, beaten eggs, and coconut extract; mix well.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to sugar mixture and stir only until moist.
- Stir in shredded coconut.
- Pour batter into the two prepared loaf pans, place on middle rack and bake for 1 hour.