Recipe by **Jubes**
a no-cook recipe found on the side of a can of 'Golden Circle' crushed pineapple. THis recipe can easily be made suitable for a gluten-free diet by sing gf cookies- I used gluten-free 'Morning Tea' bickies. You can use any plain cookie similar to a Marie biscuit (US- can sub vanilla wafers). A good recipe for beginner children cooks to prepare
- 250 g Marie biscuits, crushed to a fine crumb (US) or 250 g gluten-free plain biscuits (US) or 250 g vanilla wafers (US)
- 395 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 450 g crushed pineapple, drained and squeezed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit crumbs, condensed milk, squeezed out pineapple and 1/2 cup shredded coconut. Mix well.
- Roll 4 teaspoons (Aussie tablespoon) of mixture in the remaining cup of shredded coconut to form neat balls and place in an airtight container. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.