1/2 Photos of Tropical Citrus Sauce
A fruity/spicy citrus sauce to be served over white fish or chicken
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 2add garlic and shallots - cook for 30-40 seconds.
- 3Add lime juice, pineapple juice, mango , and parsley - cook down for about 5-7 minutes.
- 4In the last minute of cooking, add butter and jalapeno pepper and stir until butter is melted.
- 5Serve over grilled fish or chicken.
- 6Just a Note:I tried this recipe with cilantro instead of flatleaf parsley and found only minor differences. With the flatleaf parsley, I found that the sauce was mild and acted as a flavor enhancer to the fish (grouper). With the cilantro, I noticed it brought out a bright and robust flavor to the sauce and tasted quite nicely in contrast to the mild grouper. Either way, I found it very tasty!
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Citrus Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.3
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 86.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g