Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a great recipe from Hershey's--my kids like this one.
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup hershey's cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups nonfat milk, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated orange rind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon orange extract
- orange, cups (optional, directions follow)
- additional freshly grated orange rind (optional)
- Stir together milk powder, sugar, cocoa and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in 2 cups nonfat milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 2 cups milk, 1/4 teaspoon orange peel and orange extract. Cover; refrigerate several hours until cold.
- Pour mixture into 2-quart ice cream freezer container. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Before serving, let stand at room temperature until slightly softened. Scoop 1/2 cup ice milk into each Orange Cup or 8 individual dessert dishes. Garnish with additional orange peel, if desired.
- Orange Cups: Cut about 1-inch slice from tops of 8 oranges; discard. Using sharp knife, cut out and remove small triangle shaped notches around tops of oranges to make zig-zag pattern. Scoop out pulp; reserve for other uses.