Recipe by ashlynt
I had this at a fondue party and thought it was very good. Something fun you might want to try at your next party.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 pint strawberry, washed and hulled
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the orange juice and coconut extract.
- Add the strawberries, pineapple, and bananas; carefully toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
- In a saucepan, add the chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and marshmallows over low heat.
- Stir until the chocolate and marshmallows are melted and the mixture is completely smooth.
- In a small bowl or custard cup, add the coffee and hot water; let coffee dissolve.
- Add coffee mixture to chocolate mixture; stir to blend.
- Pour mixture to a heated fondue pot; stir occasionally if needed.
- Serve with marinated fruit for dipping**Fruit can vary according to season; this is good with apples, pears, peaches, nectarines, and berries.