Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This simple refreshing soup is great for luncheons or as a light starter for heartier fare. It was created by Joyce Wells of the Cayman Islands and is featured in her book "Taste of the Tropics". I often add a dash of green food colouring prior to chilling to enhance the appearance but it is certainly optional.
- Coarsely chop cucumbers.
- Boil onion in 1/2 cup water over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add chicken stock cubes, cucumber, cover and cook 10 more minutes.
- Puree cucumber/onion mixture in blender until it resembles a rich cream. Stir in cream and lemon juice.
- Chill soup for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
- Taste chilled soup for seasoning, add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve in 4 chilled bowls and garnish with snipped chives if desired.