Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
We were invited to a BBQ by our neighbour and someone brought along this delicious skewered chicken and mango dipping sauce. Being the foodie that I am and loving the taste of the fruit, chicken and dipping sauce I pleaded for the recipe.
- 1 large mango, peeled
- 59.14 ml plain yogurt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1 fresh ripe pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks. (Tinned will work too)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 small green bell peppers, cut into chunks (or 1 red and 1 green)
- 1 small red onion, cut into chunks
- 2.46 ml salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- nonstick cooking spray (if needed)
- 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water for at least 30 minutes
- To prepare dipping sauce place mango in a food processor or blender, add yogurt, jalapeno, lime juice, green onion and salt.
- Pulse until smooth and refrigerate until needed.
- Thread cubed chicken, pineapple, green peppers and red onion onto the soaked bamboo skewers sprinkling with salt and pepper.
- Heat BBQ or charcoal grill to medium heat and spray with cooking oil if needed.
- Place skewers on grill and cook 5 to 7 minutes per side turning as needed until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
This was a great dinner! I did all of the prep work and made the sauce before we headed out and when we got home I threw them on the grill and they were done in no time. I served this over some saffron rice and the kids even ate all of the grilled veggies. I am not sure if it made a difference that I let all of the veggies chill in one container or not but they really do transfer a nice flavor to the chicken during the cooking process. Thank you for sharing.