1/1 Photo of Tropical Chicken With Mango Yogurt Dipping Sauce
We were invited to a BBQ by our neighbour and someone brought along this delicious skewered chicken and mango dipping sauce. Being the foodie that I am and loving the taste of the fruit, chicken and dipping sauce I pleaded for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large mango, peeled
- 59.14 ml plain yogurt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1 fresh ripe pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks. (Tinned will work too)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 small green bell peppers, cut into chunks (or 1 red and 1 green)
- 1 small red onion, cut into chunks
- 2.46 ml salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- nonstick cooking spray (if needed)
- 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water for at least 30 minutes
- 1To prepare dipping sauce place mango in a food processor or blender, add yogurt, jalapeno, lime juice, green onion and salt.
- 2Pulse until smooth and refrigerate until needed.
- 3Thread cubed chicken, pineapple, green peppers and red onion onto the soaked bamboo skewers sprinkling with salt and pepper.
- 4Heat BBQ or charcoal grill to medium heat and spray with cooking oil if needed.
- 5Place skewers on grill and cook 5 to 7 minutes per side turning as needed until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- 6Serve with the dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Chicken With Mango Yogurt Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.8
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.5 mg
- Sodium 239.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 14.8 g