Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious and simple sandwich that my friend Mary just served for a birthday lunch. We had the sandwiches with my "Mandarin Orange Salad With Peanuts" for a complete meal!
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple rings, reserve 3 T liquid
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chutney
- 4 hawaiian rolls
- slice chicken breases in half lengthwise. Combine soy, pineapple juice, honey, oil, garlic powder and ginger. Add chicken to mix and marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Combine chutney, mayo, sliced green onions for dressing.
- Grill chicken, then pineapple.Serve chicken topped with a pineapple ring on the rolls, and pass the sauce along the side.
WOW! Great recipe, quick and easy to make too. The sauce is a must....don't skip this easy step, and don't omit the chutney...the sauce is what makes this recipe different from all the other chicken/pineapple sandwiches. Absolutely loved this one...thanks for sharing the recipe!
Made for the Goddesses of ZWT-9, this terrific sandwich was made to serve 9 for an afternoon coffee w/savory & sweet treats. Our guests raved about it & 2 of them asked for (& got) your recipe. I chg'd the prep & presentation a bit, but otherwise made them as written. I cut the chicken breasts into medallions, marinated them, grilled them + the pineapple & made the mango-mayo sauce -- All Yesterday. Then I assembled, broiled to heat & served them open-face today. The marinade was excellent w/the use of the pineapple juice & I feel the mango-mayo sauce flavor improved w/the overnight chill. Everyone got a chance to rate your recipe & there were "Gimme 5" signs all around the table. This sammie will definitely be made again, so thx for sharing this recipe. :-)
Delicious! As every reviewer has said, so quick, you really don't need to plan ahead too much, just have the chicken on hand. I used peach-mango chutney. Dinner is done in under an hour! Made for zwt9