Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve on a bed of green in a hollowed out pineapple half with crackers for an appetizer, in a wrap or on your favorite bread with lettuce and tomatoes. You won't need much mayo because of the juiciness of the pineapple distributes moisture keeping the fat down.
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon celery, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pecans, toasted and chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced (cilantro)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (optional)
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Add pineapple, celery, water chestnuts and chicken to dressing.
- Serve in a wrap or on a bed of greens.