Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Seasoned chicken, salad greens, mango, red bell pepper and raspberry vinaigrette make this an excellent choice no matter what your dietary needs. Steps 1, 2 and dicing of veggies can be done the day before and the salad assembled right before serving time. This makes a portable dish for parties! (Recipe courtsey of Betty Crocker: Easy meals for diabetes, Issue 47)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into 1/2 inch strips)
- 2 tablespoons blackening seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 ounces mixed baby greens (4 cups)
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced (3/4 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- Place chicken in heavy-duty resealable plastic food-storage bag. Sprinkle seasoning blend over chicken. Seal bag and shake until chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from skillet; drain on paper towels.
- Toss salad greens, mango, onion and bell pepper in large bowl; divide among four plates. Top with chicken. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
I've made this one before and it is amazing. Even my hubby, who doesn't like salad, mangos, or spicy food loves it