Recipe by Petite Mommy
Seasoned chicken, salad greens, mango, red bell pepper and raspberry vinaigrette make this an excellent choice no matter what your dietary needs. Steps 1, 2 and dicing of veggies can be done the day before and the salad assembled right before serving time. This makes a portable dish for parties! (Recipe courtsey of Betty Crocker: Easy meals for diabetes, Issue 47)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into 1/2 inch strips)
- 2 tablespoons blackening seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 ounces mixed baby greens (4 cups)
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced (3/4 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup raspberry vinaigrette dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in heavy-duty resealable plastic food-storage bag. Sprinkle seasoning blend over chicken. Seal bag and shake until chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from skillet; drain on paper towels.
- Toss salad greens, mango, onion and bell pepper in large bowl; divide among four plates. Top with chicken. Drizzle with vinaigrette.