1/2 Photos of Tropical Chicken Salad
This is a recipe that I have been tweaking for sometime, beginning last summer. I checked out the ingredients listed and it hit me! I will tweak it with some of these things that I wouldn't have thought of before had it not been for this contest! This is delicious and perfect for a luncheon with friends or just for family out on the deck this summer! Bon Appetite my friends!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 3/4 cup canned artichoke heart, not marinated, sliced
- 3/4 cup cucumber, sliced thin and quartered
- 3/4 cup green grape, sliced
- 3/4 cup peach, diced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon celery leaves, dried
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon dill leaves, dried
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces Laughing Cow light swiss cheese, 4 wedges
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1Grill 1 1/2 inch thick chicken breasts in George Foreman Grill on medium, for 12 minutes or until juice runs clear. Cool and cut into 1/2 inch pieces and chill in refrigerator til time to use.
- 2In a large bowl combine 2 Tbs. minced shallots, 1 minced clove of garlic, 1 teaspoon celery leaves, 2 teaspoons sea salt, 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper, 1/2 teaspoons dill leaves, 3/4 cup mayonaise (I use mayonaise with extra-virgin olive oil in it).
- 3Then add 4 wedges of the cheese and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Mix well until the cheese is well incorporated with the mayo mixture and is creamy.
- 4Next take chicken from the refrigerator and add pineapple chunks, sliced artichokes, sliced and quartered cucumbers, sliced grapes, and diced peaches.
- 5Add mayonaise mixture and toss with chicken and fruits and veggies.
- 6Chill for 2- 3 hours and serve on croissants, breads of your choice or on a bed of Romaine or Spinach leaves and sliced grape tomatoes for garnish. Add a bunch of red grapes too for color.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.6
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 80.0 mg
- Sodium 1349.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 32.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: