Recipe by jan007
This is delicious as a wrap with tortillas or wrapping in lettuce or tender cabbage leaves to cut calories. For an appetizer cut into pieces putting seam side down on serving plate.
Top Review by didyb
Wow!!! These were the first to go at the party. Very tasty and such a welcome break from Christmas sweets. I did not use the bell peppers and used macadamia nuts instead of cashews. "Well Drained" is important for the fruit. I thought I had drained well, but they got a little mushy. Good thing they went so fast! update 12-2008--- when I made these this year, I somehow forgot the chicken. They stood up well without it, though.
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 4 10 inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat free cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm tortillas in microwave a little so that they are pliable.
- Spread tortillas evenly with the cream cheese.
- Divide chicken cubes among the tortillas.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients over top.
- Roll tightly, wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes before serving.