Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is delicious as a wrap with tortillas or wrapping in lettuce or tender cabbage leaves to cut calories. For an appetizer cut into pieces putting seam side down on serving plate.
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 4 10 inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat free cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- Warm tortillas in microwave a little so that they are pliable.
- Spread tortillas evenly with the cream cheese.
- Divide chicken cubes among the tortillas.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients over top.
- Roll tightly, wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes before serving.
Wow!!! These were the first to go at the party. Very tasty and such a welcome break from Christmas sweets. I did not use the bell peppers and used macadamia nuts instead of cashews. "Well Drained" is important for the fruit. I thought I had drained well, but they got a little mushy. Good thing they went so fast! update 12-2008--- when I made these this year, I somehow forgot the chicken. They stood up well without it, though.
Thanks for a yummy recipe! I used shredded chicken and green bell peppers... nice combination.
A great yummy way to use up leftover chicken! I omitted the peppers and cashews due to personal taste, but it all went over well for our New Years Eve appetizer dinner. Thanks, jan007!