Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 12 white pearl onions, peeled
- 1 papaya, peeled (seeded, and cut into 2" pieces)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 chicken breast halves (4 oz each, skinned, boned, cut into 1 1/2" pieces)
- 1 large green pepper (seeded, and cut into 2" pieces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- Combine lime juice, vegetable oil, and honey in a shallow dish.
- Add chicken; toss gently.
- Cover and marinate in rfrigerator 8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Alternate chicken, onion, pepper, papaya, and pineapple on 6 (12") skewers.
- Coat grill rack with Pam; place rack on grill over medium-hot coals.
- Place kabobs on rack, and cook 15-20 minutes or till done, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
I didn't see anything wrong with the flavours at all - I'm not a pawpaw fan but thought I'd try it cooked and it's delicious! Did on a Foreman grill, so it was nice and light and fresh. Gorgeous summer supper!
I like this recipe, however I thought the flavor came up a little short. I added in a couple of dashes of soy sauce and about a tablespoon of fresh chopped cilantro to the marinade, but I thought it still lacked something. I served it with Basmati Rice. I will try this again, I may try out the coconut basmati rice recipe to serve this with and experiment with the marinade. The fruit was really good on this and I used red pepper instead of the green.