WI Cheesehead's Note:
From the Gluten Free Club. I don't usu. cook with fruit (bcz of DH), but I do like the flavor of the pineapple. So my DH picked out the pineapple, but liked the rest of it! In the US, we have 20 oz cans of pineapple and that worked fine. I didn't use the stock cube and would sub. shicken stock for the 1/4 C water instead next time. I just realized I read the curry powder wrong and put in almost 1 tablespoon of sweet curry! I would probably do that again, as it wasn't too much. I don't think you need to simmer it for 20 minutes, if you are short on time and you thoroughly cooked your chicken in step 1.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper (sliced or chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 -2 teaspoon gluten-free curry powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup water (or chicken stock)
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, including juice
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tomato sauce
- 1 gluten-free chicken stock cube (optional)
- 1 banana, sliced
- cooked rice
- 1In a non-stick fry pan, heat the oil and fry the chicken, onion and bell pepper for about four minutes, or until nicely browned and chicken is cooked through.
- 2Blend the cornstarch and curry powder in 2 Tablespoons of water then add tomato sauce and the 1/4 cup of water.
- 3Add the curry mixture to the fry pan, along with the stock cube, canned pineapple and pineapple juice. Stir until the sauce boils and thickens. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Just before serving add the sliced banana and serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Chicken (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 97.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 27.7 g