1/1 Photo of Tropical Chicken Couscous W/ Rum Vinaigrette
I bought some dried mango from a food market today and wanted to see if I could do something different with it. My idea was to do something with a Caribbean theme to its flavors but it certainly isn't authentic. I used chicken from a store bought rotisserie chicken to make this extra easy. The recipe could easily be scaled up to feed more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces couscous
- 1 ounce dried mango, chopped up
- 5 fluid ounces boiling water
- 4 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped up
- 2 teaspoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1Put the dried couscous and dried mango into a large bowl and pour over the boiling water.
- 2Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, whisk together the rum vinaigrette.
- 4After the couscous has finished cooking, take the plastic off and add chicken and green onions to the bowl and stir just to combine.
- 5Pour over the vinaigrette toss the mixture to make sure it all gets a bit of the dressing.
- 6Stir through the toasted almonds and season if you feel necessary.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Chicken Couscous W/ Rum Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.8
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 52.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: