Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Home Cooking, July/August 2005, came the original of this recipe. I've changed it slightly & serve is over brown rice with peas for a complete meal.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F, & spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut each breast into 3 or 4 pieces & arrange them on the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ginger, paprika, onion powder & garlic salt, then add the Worcestershire sauce & mix well.
- Set aside 1/2 of this mixture, & brush the rest of it over the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the chicken pieces over & baste with the remaining 1/2 of the sauce.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ketchup, soy sauce, pineapple & brown sugar, then carefully spoon this mixture over the baked chicken.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes.
This was very good. I made it a little different because I was short on time. I cooked it on top of the stove. I browned my chicken with the spices and then added the pineapple, ketchup, soy and worcheshire sauce. Then let it simmer about 15 mins. Very yummy. I used fresh ginger and garlic. Next time I think I will add some veggies to the mix.
This dish was good and very tender. I added extra fresh ginger (well the jar kind) and also ground-powdered. I also added garlic powder and some pepper flakes (like the pizza topping) to the recipe because my husband does not like what he calls "sweet meat" so I tried to make it more spicy. I also added some chili powder and some cumin to step 3 (the above mentioned was also to step 3) It came out good. A little too spicy for me (I am weak) but it was VERY tender. The picture is exactly what it looked like. I made this dish with the recipe for "light and easy dinner rolls" which was a great recipe to eat with the sauce. My husband and father both loved it. It was an easy dish to make. Thanks!
A nice chicken dinner, using pantry ingredients. A little different to our regular chicken meals. Photo also posted.