Recipe by Sydney Mike
From Home Cooking, July/August 2005, came the original of this recipe. I've changed it slightly & serve is over brown rice with peas for a complete meal.
Top Review by MsSally
This was very good. I made it a little different because I was short on time. I cooked it on top of the stove. I browned my chicken with the spices and then added the pineapple, ketchup, soy and worcheshire sauce. Then let it simmer about 15 mins. Very yummy. I used fresh ginger and garlic. Next time I think I will add some veggies to the mix.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F, & spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut each breast into 3 or 4 pieces & arrange them on the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ginger, paprika, onion powder & garlic salt, then add the Worcestershire sauce & mix well.
- Set aside 1/2 of this mixture, & brush the rest of it over the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the chicken pieces over & baste with the remaining 1/2 of the sauce.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ketchup, soy sauce, pineapple & brown sugar, then carefully spoon this mixture over the baked chicken.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes.