Prep 8 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a very tasty bird! Do on the grill or broil.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (could use sunflower seeds or finely chopped almonds)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 chicken, quartered
- In plastic bag, mix first 10 ingredients.
- Reserve 1/2 cup for basting, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Put chicken in bag.
- Seal and refrigerate for at least 5 hours, longer if you wish.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered, over med heat for 55 minutes, or until done.
- Turn and baste with reserved sauce often.
This recipe was absolutely delicious!!! Would definitely make this again! A keeper!
We just purchased our first grill and this was the first chicken recipe we used. It was fantastic. It only took 20 minutes on the grill on medium (directly on the flame). It cooked perfectly-- crispy on the outside and moist on the inside (not undercooked but not dry). We will definitely be using this recipe again-- thanks!
What a treat!! First go-round I grilled it. Perfect. Second time baked it but added a few pineapple chunks and a little coconut and poof!!! All gone. Great texture, flavor, appearance. A real feast for the eye as well as the tongue.