Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is a dish that we made up for a birthday dinner/luau. Hope you like it!
Top Review by Shazzie
Wow! Yummee! My partner (very fussy) and I, both loved this dish, and sooo easy. Had to reduce quantities as best I could for 4 breast fillets, and therefore may have overcompensated with the wet ingredients as had plenty of "sauce" and no need to baste breasts as stated in your instructions. Nevertheless, neither added, subtracted nor substituted anything and it was just amazing. Easy, uses the kind of ingredients I would normally have on hand, and so full of flavour! Note on the flavour = served with a side dish of rocket, mozzarella and papya salad that I would normally add a honey mustard dressing to but obviously just used the juices from your recipe instead and served the chicken dish on a bed of couscous, steeped in rosemary flavoured chicken stock. Thanks for a great staple keeper :)
- 10 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 bananas, sliced and halved into 1 inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 10 pineapple slices
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large casserole dish, which has been lightly sprayed with non-stick spray, arrange the chicken breasts so that they cover the bottom of the dish.
- On top of each chicken breast, place one slice of pineapple.
- Randomly, place the chunked banana pieces on top of the chicken and pineapple.
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, ginger, marmalade and mustard and stir well.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, basting frequently.
- Cover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until chicken is done.