Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a fun change to the same old baked cheesecake.
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup apricot jam
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 -4 sliced kiwi
- 3⁄4 cup toasted coconut
- For crust:.
- Mix crust ingredients together and press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and cool.
- All ingredients should be brought to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth.
- Add cornstarch and beat well.
- Add eggs, and beat on low for just till combined.
- Add sour cream, lemon juice, and extracts.
- Beat just till blended.
- Pour over crust and bake 350° for 45-50 minutes or till center is almost set.
- Cool 1 hour and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day remove the sides of the pan.
- Heat jam in sauce pan.
- Arrange fruit over top of cheesecake.
- Brush entire cake w/ jam, and then press the toasted coconut onto the sides of the cake.
- Prep time does not include refrigeration.
This was a delicious cheesecake. I had to use some extra melted butter for the crust but otherwise the directions were spot on.