Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 1 2⁄3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 3⁄4 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cream of coconut
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple-orange-banana juice, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cubed peeled mango
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 6 strawberries, halved
- 1 sprig mint
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place first 3 ingredients in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth.
- Add crumbs; stir well.
- Press mixture into bottom and 1 2/3 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes; let cool.
- Reduce heat to 300°.
- Place cheeses in a food processor; process 2 minutes or until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl once.
- Add sour cream and next 5 ingredients; process 20 seconds, scraping sides of processor bowl once.
- Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan; bake at 300° for 1 1/2 hours or until almost set.
- Turn oven off and let cheesecake stand for 1 hour in oven with door closed.
- Remove cheesecake from oven; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Combine juice concentrate and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan.
- Sprinkle gelatin over concentrate mixture; let stand for 1 minute.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Place pan in large ice-filled bowl; stir gelatin mixture for 10 minutes or until cooled to room temperature.
- Pour gelatin mixture over cheesecake, spreading evenly.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
- Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
time consuming, but yummy.