BEAUTIFUL crisp sugar cookies with a twist
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1beat butter 30 seconds.
- 2beat in sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 3beat in egg and vanilla, beat in flour.
- 4divide dough in half.
- 5knead almond extract and orange food color in half. knead coconut extract and yellow food color in other half.
- 6shape each colored portion into rectanglar logs, 6 inches long by 2 inches wide. wrap each log in wax paper. chill 1 hour.
- 7cut each log length wise into 4 slices.
- 8alternating colors stack slices to form 2 four layor logs. press together to seal with wax paper. chill for 1 hour.
- 9place logs on cutting surface with solid color facing up. using a sharp knife cut each log lengthwise four times. stack four slices of dough making a checkerboard.
- 10Combine coconut and nuts, roll logs in mixture. chill for 1-2 hours.
- 11preheat oven to 375.
- 12slice logs 1/4 inch thick. place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 13bake 10-12 minutes.
- 14transfer to wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Checkerboards
Serving Size: 1 (757 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 38.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g