Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great alternative to regular Carrot cake.
Make and share this Tropical Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 2 cups carrots, finely shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Sift dry ingredients together, set aside. Beat eggs lightly, then beat in sugar until thick. Stir in oil with a spatula, then add remaining ingredients. Stir until well mixed. Pour in a greased and floured 13x9x2 pan. Bake at 350*F for 55 minutes. Cool.
- FROSTING: Combine all ingredients, beat until fluffy. After cake has cooled; frost.
This is a very filling and yummilicious cake. I really enjoyed this alot. Thanks for the recipe!