Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Chocolate with a hint of ginger and mango...certainly a new twist on an old favorite. I have also added 1/2 cup coconut to these in the past with no change in the ingredients and it turned out fine. **NOTE**These need to sit at least 20 minutes to "set" before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder, plus
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄4 cup roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried mango, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray an 8-inch baking pan spray to prevent brownies from sticking.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter with the sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Over very low heat, melt the ingredients together stirring constantly until both chocolate and sugar are just melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool until warm.
- Stir in the vanilla and cardamom and then add the eggs, beating vigorously with a wire whisk, one at a time.
- Continue to beat until batter is thick and shiny, about another minute.
- Add the flour and gently stir to combine then beat vigorously for another minute.
- Fold in the nuts, mango and ginger.
- Spread the mixture evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with a small amount of moist batter on it.
- Let cool to warm or room temperature before serving.