Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from Family's Circle.It features macadamia nuts and coconut. Great for gift giving.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped shredded sweetened coconut
- Coat a large non stick baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup into a heavy bottom 3 quart saucepan and mix.
- Cook on medium-high heat and stir occasionally, until temp reaches 275 degrees.
- Stir in nuts and continue cooking, stir occasionally, until temp reaches 305 degrees.
- Set aside.
- Quickly stir in baking soda,vanilla and coconut.
- Spread mixture evenly onto baking sheet with a greased offset wooden spoon.
- After brittle has completely cooled.
- Loosen and break into medium large pieces.
- Store in airtight container for 2 week.
it was exciting and adventures, but could need some improvements
I made some of this b/c I had some mac nuts to use up. However, I used dried pineapple(chopped finely), 1/4 tsp vanilla and 1/4 tsp coconut extract. I love anything tropical in desserts, and this is now keeper. Thanks for the recipe! Lee