Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delightful taste of the tropics!
- 1⁄4 cup arborio rice, uncooked
- 1 (15 ounce) cancanned peach slices, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 dash salt
- Cook the rice.
- Dice the peaches, reserving liquid.
- Soak the raisins in the rum to plump, discard any leftover rum.
- Toss all the ingredients together, using the reserved peach juice as the sauce, if desired.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
I tried this recipe for my wife and I. I didn't put coconut in because we don't like it. Everything else was light and refreshing. The peaches and raisins made this nice. I will make this again the same way. I'm glad we tried this.
We did not care for this very much. Flavours came out to simple. Perhaps a hint of sweet chili sauce to balance out the sweet of the peaches? Definitely an infinitely tweak-able recipe.
Rum and arborio rice, together! It worked out really well, and the rum was not overpowering. With the peaches and raisins, it did feel like a summer dish, I made it a couple of times, and enjoyed it with bbq.