Recipe by KittyKitty
this shake is really quick to make, and of course it's not just for breakfast! Keep banana slices in your freezer, to make one at any time. All you have to do, is toss fresh banana slices in lemon juice, and you can freeze bananas up to 6 months in a freezer bag. We love to make these on our summer beach trip.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Have had this recipe in mind to make for some time, & now that I'm having a hard time finding a good fresh mango, I used the frozen ones, in lieu of freezing the banana ~ Half a dozen of one & 6 1/2 of the other, so . . . (What the hey, my dozens are BAKER'S dozens!) Anyway, thanks to your recipe 2 of us had A GREAT MORNING DRINK! Thanks for the posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed just for the 'halibut!']
- 1 medium size ripe banana, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple-orange juice, chilled
- 1 (6 ounce) container nonfat vanilla yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss banana with lemon juice; drain reserving lemon juice. Place banana slices on a baking sheet, and freeze 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Process frozen banana slices, reserved lemon juice, mango, 1 1/2 cups yogurt in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Pour into chilled glasses, serve immediately.