Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very refreshing in the morning, this is something a litle diferent, but if your up for a taste, you will be hooked, atleast its good for you, eh?
- 1 cup arborio rice (this is the Italian rice risotto is made with)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks (save juice)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup cubed firm banana, about 1/2 inch pieces
- Bring water with rice to a boil in medium sized sauce or soup pan on high heat.
- Once it comes to a boil, turn heat to medium low and simmer uncovered.
- stirring frequently for creaminess.
- While rice is cooking prepare rest of ingredients.
- As water is absorbed in rice add pineapple juice from can and keep cooking.
- When that is absorbed add the can of coconut milk.
- As that gets absorbed, but while still creamy, add rest of ingredients.
- Heat for another 2-3 minutes and serve when rice is tender.
- This should be still juicy and creamy without being runny.
- This is good served warm or cold.