Recipe by lauralie41
A mix of tropical fruits and nuts to serve with your favorite eggs and thickly sliced toasted brioche or multigrain bread. Another great recipe from my new favorite casserole cookbook.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
I served this for breakfast, on a leisurely sunny summer morning. And it was the perfect thing to start our day with. I used almonds (instead of macadamias), so it would seem more Mediterranean, and I thought it was a great choice. Thanks, Lauralie41. Made for Culinary Quest 2016 (Azores Islands)
- 4 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple, "medium, peeled, cored, and cut into bite size pieces
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, canned and drained
- 1 medium mango, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed, pitted, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (optional)
- 2 medium bananas, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts or 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine pineapple, oranges, mango, cherries, and amaretto.
- Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3-quart casserole.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Stir in bananas, sprinkle with coconut and macadamia nuts or sliced almonds. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until fruit is heated through and coconut/nuts are golden brown.
- Serve warm, spooning liquid in bottom of casserole over fruit.