Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A mix of tropical fruits and nuts to serve with your favorite eggs and thickly sliced toasted brioche or multigrain bread. Another great recipe from my new favorite casserole cookbook.
- 4 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple, "medium, peeled, cored, and cut into bite size pieces
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, canned and drained
- 1 medium mango, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed, pitted, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (optional)
- 2 medium bananas, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts or 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- In a large bowl combine pineapple, oranges, mango, cherries, and amaretto.
- Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3-quart casserole.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Stir in bananas, sprinkle with coconut and macadamia nuts or sliced almonds. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until fruit is heated through and coconut/nuts are golden brown.
- Serve warm, spooning liquid in bottom of casserole over fruit.
Lori this was wonderful. Made as written but omitted the cherries, I couldn't find any. This recipe was quick and easy to make with terrific results. The baked fruit was wonderful, it tasted amazing. I love the juice that the fruits left, it was excellent drizzled over the cooked fruit. The coconut and macadamia nuts were the perfect topping. Thanks for sharing a new family favorite.
Wow--this is incredible!! The fruit and nut flavors are fabulous together! I scaled the recipe down to 2 servings; used more cherries (1/3 cup of quartered cherries), less coconut (1/8 cup of unsweetened flaked coconut), 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract (we didn't have any Amaretto--but I'll try to get some for next time), and chopped macadamia nuts. And, because it was too hot to turn on the oven, I didn't bake it. What a forgiving recipe--it turned out great anyway! This one is definitely a keeper! Thanks for posting, Lauralie41!!
Except for the fact that I had to use canned pineapple, the recipe was followed & very much enjoyed ~ Now I'm waiting impatiently for a fresh pineapple which will make it even more special! ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL ~ Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Vegetarian groupmates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap #6]