- 5 large eggs
- 1 quart skim milk
- 4 ounces dried pineapple, finely diced
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 -8 cups bread, cubes 3/4 inch
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a shallow 2-quart casserole.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with milk, pineapple, 1/2 cup coconut, vanilla, rum, sugar and salt.
- Mix in bread cubes.
- Spoon into prepared dish and top with remaining cup coconut.
- Bake pudding 1 hour.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or a custard sauce.