Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A favorite lunch salad of mine. The recipe was given to me by my best friend. Original source unknown.
Top Review by yogi
Made this last night, and I have to say that the flavor combinations in this just blew me away! Deeeelish!! The tropical, sweet pineapple is a wonderful addition that I never thought to add to a salad, but it works so well in this. I cut the recipe in half, using 1 can of beans which was about 1 1/2 cups and put in 2 jalapenos for a really spicy salad. Also, I didn't have allspice. I hope that didn't make a big difference but truthfully, I just love it without. Thank you, NurseDi, this is definitley a "keeper" recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked black beans
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 small green chili pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, add lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, and garlic; stir to combine.
- Add the beans and toss to coat.
- Add the remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Set aside for at least 30 minutes at room temperature so that the flavors can blend.
- Can be put in the refrigerator but I prefer this at room temperature.
- I serve it on a bed of salad greens.