Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious, simple, and refreshing drink! I just combined a few things I had around the house for this drink while I was making my son's lunch. It has a pulpy texture to it that makes it seem almost like a smoothie, yet it has that zing to it like a spritzer. For the mandarin orange juice I just used the juice left from when I pureed a large can of mandarin oranges in light syrup (which I first drained) and put through a sieve.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (in its own juice)
- 1⁄3 cup mandarine orange juice
- 3 large fresh strawberries (hulled)
- 1⁄3 cup sparkling pear juice
- NOTE: As mentioned in my description I used a can of mandarin oranges and pureed them to get juice. You will have left over mandarin orange you can either eat some other way or you can try adding some of it to the drink if you prefer.
- In blender, mix entire can of crushed pineapple including its juice with the mandarin orange juice and strawberries.
- Pour into glass and add in sparkling pear juice giving it a gentle stir to combine.
- Could garnish with a strawberry and slice of pineapple!
Fans of pear and pineapple blends will appreciate this most. It has a fascinating mottled color and ought to be served in clear glass in bright sunshine if you can manage that. Pulpy in texture, balanced in flavor, neither tart nor overly sweet. Made for Beverage Tag, March 2008.