Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another delicious Ediet recipe. I think calling it tropical may be stretching a little, since the only fruit is an orange. However, it is very good and healthy. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 1⁄2 ounces boneless beef top loin steaks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium salsa
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 fresh orange
- Slice beef into thick strips.
- In a medium bowl, combine chili powder, paprika and pepper.
- Add beef and coat well.
- Peel orange and remove all the pith.
- Divide orange into sections.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat and saute beef for 3-5 minutes until done.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In same skillet, add orange sections and salsa.
- Raise heat to medium high and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and oregano.
- Continue to cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Serve beef topped with this sauce over rice.
I followed this recipe to a tee. It was AWEFULL! I love all the ingredients listed just not in this combination. Don't waist your time or money on this one.
This was quick and easy to prepare and very tasty. I would call it Mexican stir-fry. I will make this again. It's hard to find good single-serving recipes.