Recipe by DailyInspiration
A colorful and delicious salad that can be made up in a hurry. Use rotisserie chicken if you prefer. Recipe is from Weight Watchers - 7 points per 1 cup serving. This dish is great for leftovers - just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
- 1 cup basmati rice (can use Texmati or long grain rice)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water (plus 2 tbsp.)
- 3⁄4 cup mango chutney
- 12 ounces cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, toasted and chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the rice and 1 3/4 cups water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine the chutney and the remaining 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chutney melts and the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute.
- Combine the rice, chicken, cranberries, pecans and pepper in a large bowl. Toss with melted chutney.