Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A colorful and delicious salad that can be made up in a hurry. Use rotisserie chicken if you prefer. Recipe is from Weight Watchers - 7 points per 1 cup serving. This dish is great for leftovers - just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
- 1 cup basmati rice (can use Texmati or long grain rice)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water (plus 2 tbsp.)
- 3⁄4 cup mango chutney
- 12 ounces cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, toasted and chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the rice and 1 3/4 cups water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine the chutney and the remaining 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chutney melts and the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute.
- Combine the rice, chicken, cranberries, pecans and pepper in a large bowl. Toss with melted chutney.
This made a great lunch. I loved all the flavors and textures. It is quick and easy to make since basmati rice cooks so much faster than regular long grain rice.
Very tasty and great chilled to pack for lunch. I heated the chutney and water in the microwave in a glass measuring cup...easy. Home cooked chicken breast (I used grilled) is probably better than a purchased rotisserie if you are on a strict Weight Watchers plan.