Chef #443472's Note:
This is a delicious and easy tropical version of bananas foster that tastes great over ice cream. I don't flambe it, but if you would like to try, be my guest! Although I usually serve this over ice cream, I imagine it would be good on anything!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugars and butter in pan and heat until butter is almost melted.
- 2Add corn syrup and half the cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is light brown in color.
- 3Bring to a boil. When boiling, add remaining heavy cream, stirring constantly.
- 4When mixture is at a steady boil, add pineapple juice and cook through.
- 5Add the rum CAREFULLY and let alcohol boil out, stirring constantly.
- 6Cook approximately five minutes or until mixture is a thick caramel.
- 7Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- 8Add sliced bananas and serve over ice cream or anything else!
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Bananas Foster Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.0
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.4 mg
- Sodium 150.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 61.5 g
- Protein 1.6 g