Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious and easy tropical version of bananas foster that tastes great over ice cream. I don't flambe it, but if you would like to try, be my guest! Although I usually serve this over ice cream, I imagine it would be good on anything!
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup Malibu rum or 1 cup other coconut rum
- 4 bananas, sliced
- Combine sugars and butter in pan and heat until butter is almost melted.
- Add corn syrup and half the cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is light brown in color.
- Bring to a boil. When boiling, add remaining heavy cream, stirring constantly.
- When mixture is at a steady boil, add pineapple juice and cook through.
- Add the rum CAREFULLY and let alcohol boil out, stirring constantly.
- Cook approximately five minutes or until mixture is a thick caramel.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Add sliced bananas and serve over ice cream or anything else!