Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are from the Land O Lakes site. Being a muffin lover, I couldn't resist this one.
Make and share this Tropical Banana Cream Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime peel
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350°F; combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger in large bowl; set aside.
- Beat eggs in small bowl at medium high speed until frothy add all remaining ingredients except coconut.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth; stir banana mixture into flour mixture by hand until well mixed.
- Spoon batter into 12 paper-lined or greased muffin cups; sprinkle tops with coconut.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool on wire rack.
These muffins were great!!! The banana and lime flavor went well together and was a nice change from just a banana muffin! Also, these muffins were healthy too which was just an added benifet for these tasty muffins! Thanks for the recipe JanetC-KY!