1/4 Photos of Tropical Banana Bread-Muffins
1 hr 20 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
This is actually a bread recipe baked in giant muffins. . . this solves the problem of an underbaked center and over baked exterior! Of course you can bake in a loaf pan, but be sure to adjust your time/temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 cup mashed banana (4 to 5 medium banana)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt or 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (pecans or walnuts can be used)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray giant muffin tin with non-stick spary.
- 3Whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- 4Mash the bananas with the sour cream/yogurt.
- 5In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 6Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- 7Add the vanilla extract, rum and spices and beat until blended.
- 8Alternately add the dry ingredients and the banana mixture to the batter, beating until fluffy.
- 9Fold the remaining ingredients into the batter.
- 10Spoon the batter into the pan; bake for 25 -30 minutes; until the bread pulls away slightly from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted comes away clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Banana Bread-Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 66.6 mg
- Sodium 360.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g