This is actually a bread recipe baked in giant muffins. . . this solves the problem of an underbaked center and over baked exterior! Of course you can bake in a loaf pan, but be sure to adjust your time/temperature.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1 cup mashed banana (4 to 5 medium banana)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt or 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts (pecans or walnuts can be used)
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray giant muffin tin with non-stick spary.
- Whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Mash the bananas with the sour cream/yogurt.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract, rum and spices and beat until blended.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and the banana mixture to the batter, beating until fluffy.
- Fold the remaining ingredients into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the pan; bake for 25 -30 minutes; until the bread pulls away slightly from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted comes away clean.