Recipe by internetnut
This rich, yummy bread is totally fat free! But your taste buds will never know it, thanks to moist crushed pineapple and creamy mashed bananas! I found this recipe in Woman's World magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup refrigerated liquid egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup 1% low-fat milk, plus
- 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained and squeezed dry
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- toasted coconut
- sliced fresh fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon; reserve.
- On medium-high speed, beat bananas and sugar until blended. Stir in egg. On low speed, beat in reserved flour mixture alternately with 1/3 cup milk until just combined. Stir in pineapple.
- Transfer to pan. Bake 45 minutes or until pick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, extract and remaining milk until smooth. Pour over bread. Sprinkle with coconut; garnish with fruit.