Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This rich, yummy bread is totally fat free! But your taste buds will never know it, thanks to moist crushed pineapple and creamy mashed bananas! I found this recipe in Woman's World magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup refrigerated liquid egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup 1% low-fat milk, plus
- 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained and squeezed dry
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- toasted coconut
- sliced fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon; reserve.
- On medium-high speed, beat bananas and sugar until blended. Stir in egg. On low speed, beat in reserved flour mixture alternately with 1/3 cup milk until just combined. Stir in pineapple.
- Transfer to pan. Bake 45 minutes or until pick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, extract and remaining milk until smooth. Pour over bread. Sprinkle with coconut; garnish with fruit.