1/5 Photos of Tropical Baked Chicken
1 hr 5 mins
This is an exotic take on the traditional baked chicken. The fruit juices and delicious spices really make this version outstanding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers or 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into bits
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1Position rack in the center of the oven.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Mix together Dijon mustard, basil and honey.
- 4Smear the chicken with this mixture.
- 5Arrange chicken, skin side down, in a shallow roasting pan or baking dish just large enough to hold it in a single layer.
- 6Sprinkle the pieces with finely chopped onions, bell peppers, butter, salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste and 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon and paprika.
- 7Pour orange and pineapple juice around the chicken.
- 8Bake, basting once, for 30 minutes.
- 9Turn the chicken skin side up, season with salt and pepper, 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon and paprika, and all of brown sugar.
- 10Bake until the chicken is tender and golden, about 20 minutes longer.
- 11Add more orange juice or pineapple juice if the pan seems dry.
- 12Pour the juice into a small saucepan and boil over high heat until it becomes syrupy.
- 13Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.6
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 113.6 mg
- Sodium 173.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 26.5 g