Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Epicurious, Nothing melts in the mouth like baked bananas. Served with any kind of cream topping or ice cream, it is a simple, unsurpassed dessert. Adjust the ingredients and flavors to your personal taste.
- 2 bananas
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Peel the bananas and slice in half lengthwise. Lay the pieces into a buttered 9x13x2-inch ovenproof dish. Pour the lime juice and rum evenly over the bananas. Sprinkle on the cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Dot on the butter, if using, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot, topped with a tablespoon of fresh cream or ice cream.
Oh yeah! Very good and so easy. I served this with ice cream. Made for ZWT9 Caribbean Dessert Challenge for the Soup-A-Stars
Oh wow! This was really good! It is kind of like a spicy Banana Foster, but different. Lime is one of my favorite flavors and it was a great addition here. I had it with ice cream and a sprinkle of coconut. Made for ZWT9