Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
First time I ever tried this salad was in 1988. We've enjoyed it ever since. Is great to serve at Thanksgiving or anytime. Hope you like it. :)
- 1 cup red apple, diced and unpeeled
- 1 cup yellow apple, diced and unpeeled
- 1 large banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, broken up
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 dash salt
- Combine diced apples, banana, celery, walnuts, and coconut.
- Blend together mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, and dash salt.
- Whip cream; fold whipped cream into mayonnaise mixture.
- Gently fold into apple mixture.
- Cover; chill.